To mark the official launch of my book Scientific and Technical Translation Explained, I will be giving a workshop on technical translation at the Irish Writers’ Centre in Dublin on 20th October. This workshop is part of the Irish Translators’ & Interpreters’ Association’s continuing professional development series and will give participants a hands-on introduction to some of the key issues in technical translation.
Some of the topics which will be covered include:
- What technical translation is and why it is so important;
- Typical technical texts and their features;
- Analysing texts and developing translation strategies;
- Developing your writing skills;
- Understanding your audience;
- Common pitfalls and how to deal with them.
For details on how to register, visit the ITIA website.
::: Update :::
My PowerPoint presentation from this workshop is now available here.